Making Housing a Top Priority
- Working with City Council and Staff on comprehensive Housing Agenda to address current housing crisis and provide both immediate and long term relief for our residents.
- Approved over $3 million on shovel-ready affordable housing projects.
- Made Housing and Homeless issues one of our top council goals for 2015.
- Fought for equitable distribution of grant funds for our city and county as your representative on the Association of Bay Area Governments Regional Planning committee.
Restoring City Services
- Accelerated our Re-energizing Street Light program by one year, converting nearly half our street lights to LED lights, which save our city 50% in energy costs.
- Put us on track to have 93% of our street lights re-energized by June of next year, over half of which will be retrofitted with LED lights.
- Teamed up residents with the Public Works Department to identify and turn lights back on in high priority areas.
- Funded six new groundskeepers to clean our parks, abate graffiti, provide winter tree maintenance and increase the safety of our parks.
- Successfully negotiated a staffing increase in our code enforcement department.
- Created the Santa Rosa City Services Hub, which will have extended hours of operation and make city services more straightforward and easier to navigate. Currently under construction, the hub will be your one-stop location for nearly all of our city services.
Helping our Homeless
- Adjusted operating permit to make sure 68 emergency winter shelter beds at Sam Jones Hall are available for use each and every winter.
- Partnered with the North Bay Organizing Project, Catholic Charities, Interfaith Shelter Network and city staff to develop additional options for our homeless.
- Worked personally with at-risk families to find affordable housing.
Preventing Crime and Gang Activity
- Approved over $140,000 for body worn cameras for the Santa Rosa Police Department.
- Led local support for State Senator Noreen Evans' legislation "A Toy Should Look Like a Toy," which strengthened controls on toy gun manufactures.
- Collaborated with neighborhood advocates to develop a more user-friendly web interface for our police department.
- Created a Bike Theft Task Force and a bait bike program in partnership with our Police Department and the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition in order to reduce the number of bike thefts.
Controlling Political Robo-Calls
- Led the effort to implement the strongest robo-call disclosure ordinance in the state of California.
- Our new robo-call ordinance resulted in fines for the first time this past November for failure to provide an opt-out option and failure to disclose required information.
Launching Sonoma Clean Power
- Brought cleaner, cheaper power to our residents as one of your representatives on the Sonoma Clean Power Board of Directors.
- On track to save Sonoma County residents nearly $6 million, or 5-9% on your energy bill in 2015.
Working Towards an Open Government
- Developed a more informative city website that will include recent crime information, government salary reports, business tax data, building permits, the city budget, and more.
- Made an Open and Transparent Government one of our top council goals for 2015.
- Pushed to implement the recommendations of the Open Government Task Force which include hiring a community engagement director, adopting a sunshine ordinance based on Task Force recommendations, and creating a city mission statement which embraces community engagement.
- Worked closely with our new City Manager in implementing an open door policy in order to develop a culture of responsiveness, accountability and open government at City Hall.
Promoting an Honest Budget Process
- Continuously reaching out to our residents: my first year in office we had 3 people attend our council's budget priority hearing, and this year over 150 attended and 55 people spoke out.
- Stood up for a long-term sustainable plan with an honest budget based on realistic projections.
- Succeeded in making Measure O reform an agenda topic for next year.
Pushing for Annexation of Roseland
- Demanded that we work towards annexation during my campaign and am thrilled with our progress so far.
- Continue to push for annexation on the joint city/county Roseland Annexation Committee.
Collaborating on Downtown Planning
- Worked with stakeholders in downtown planning as the lead on our city's Downtown Subcommittee.
- Convened a downtown business luncheon to ensure downtown business owners have a say in Courthouse Square development and other downtown plans, leading to downtown business owners reestablishing a regular group meeting to provide feedback to the city.